PERUVIAN Recipe » EASY + TIPS【2022】
The Duck CevicheAlthough it may not seem like it, it is one of the most traditional dishes in northern Peru. Although we are used to tasting ceviche with different variants of fish and shellfish; the delicious and easy to prepare dish.
When we hear that a recipe is going to be prepared with raw meat, we worry that the meat will not be sufficiently cooked with the lemon and salt; however, in this recipe we will see how to prepare it and feel calm that we are eating a food healthy and tasty.
How to prepare duck ceviche?
The Duck Ceviche it is prepared hot, unlike the rest of the meats used for the Ceviche. As it is a very soft meat, it is prepared by making a stew with onion, lemon and sour orange.
In the provinces of Huacho and Casma, north of Peruare the most tender ducks and sour oranges with more used to make the broth where this dish is prepared
Huachano duck ceviche recipe
This simple dish to prepare is very popular in the parties with family and friends; as well as in the regional celebrations of the north of the Peru. Generally, it is served with cooked potato or yucca; but it is also a good companion to rice and huachana sausage; typical in this area.
For the preparation of this ceviche it is important to have a large pan with a lid, a large cup (if it is made of porcelain, much better) and you cannot miss a wooden ladle.
The general information of this dish is as follows:
Rations: 8 people
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total: 70 minutes
- 6 pieces of duck
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- Juice of 5 sour oranges
- 2 arnaucho peppers or minced silt
- 3 tablespoons ground yellow pepper (escabeche)
- 3 tablespoons of ají mirasol (dried yellow chili) ground
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 kilo of parboiled cassava
- Salt, pepper and cumin to taste
- 1. Place the duck pieces in a container and season with salt and pepper
- 2. In a cup place a tablespoon of garlic, a pinch of cumin, the sour orange juice, the limo chili, half of the yellow chili and the mirasol chili.
- 3. In this preparation add the duck pieces and leave to macerate for approximately 2 hours.
- 4. After the indicated maceration time, remove the duck pieces from the container and reserve the liquid.
- 5. Put oil in a frying pan and when it is hot, add the duck pieces; browning on both sides. Remove and place on a plate.
- 6. In the frying pan, brown the rest of the garlic, peppers and then add the browned duck pieces and then the reserved maceration juice.
- 7. Cover the pan and cook for 30 minutes over low heat.
- 8. Add the onion and mix so that it is distributed throughout the pan
- 9. Taste the seasoning and salt
- 10. Cover again and cook for 15 minutes.
- 11. Turn off the heat and let stand for 5 more minutes
- 12. Serve on a plate with rice, yucca or with a salad of lettuce, slices of hot pepper and olives.