Easy RECIPE in 7 Steps! + TIPS
The Clams a la Marinera It is a simple dish and it is worth making them. The clams a la marinera or ameixas to mariñeira It is a stew of clams with a lot of flavor of the sea, it is a dish of Galician cuisine, very popular especially in the Rias Baixas.
This classic in christmas dates It is present in most restaurants, but today we can find it throughout the year.
How to make clams marinara?
For this dish to be a true delicacy, the important thing is the freshness of the ingredients, they must be of quality.
I hope they learn to prepare this delicious dish and surprise your guests as if they were a real chef.
Before starting to prepare the clams marinara recipeI leave you some data:
Rations: 4 people
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
- 2 kg of clams marinara style
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- Chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- sweet paprika
- 1 hot pepper (chilli)
- 2 glasses of white wine
Clams marinara recipe
We come to the most important part of the recipe, the steps we need to make this delicious marine recipe.
- 1. First we must clean the clams, to do this we put them in a container with plenty of water and coarse salt, approximately 50 grams per liter of water, and leave them for at least an hour.
- 2. Once the clams are clean we are going to steam them, to do this we are going to put a glass of white wine in a saucepan large enough to fit all the clams and bring it to a boil, then add the clams and cover the casserole, with a cooking time of 3 minutes it should already be cooked and open, we remove all the open clams and reserve, we discard the ones that have not opened or are broken as they can poison us due to poor condition.
- 3. To prepare the marinara, place a little olive oil in a saucepan and add two finely chopped onions, fry well and add 2 finely chopped garlic cloves.
- 4.When we see that the onion and garlic are beginning to brown, place 2 tablespoons of sweet paprika, the bay leaf and stir well, and then add 2 tablespoons of wheat flour and, without stopping the sauce, cook it until it begins to brown. brown the flour but without burning.
- 5. At that moment we add the remaining glass of white wine and the tomato sauce (or fried tomato), let the sauce thicken for approximately 10 minutes.
- 6. Once the sauce thickens, we introduce the clams that we reserved previously and mix for about 2 minutes so that the sauce soaks all the clams.
- 7. Remove from the heat, add the chopped parsley, let stand for two more minutes and serve hot.