EASY Original Peruvian Recipe + 5 TIPS
The mackerel ceviche It is a typical ceviche dish from the north coast of Peru. It is very economical and easy to prepare; but also very nutritious. In the rest of Peru they are not very accustomed to prepare ceviche with blue and dark fish, but in any case we bring you the recipe so that you have a ceviche variantin addition to its exquisite flavor.
The places on the North Coast of Peru where this ceviche plate it is in Piura, Tumbes and Lambayeque; for this reason his full name is Piura Mackerel Ceviche. This ceviche has the same preparation base; however, it contains other different elements that make it very different from the original ceviche.
How to prepare mackerel ceviche?
The mackerel used for the preparation of this ceviche is fresh or dried mackerel; also known as salt mackerel. It is a mackerel that is characterized by being dry and salty, due to the conservation of the dried fish. In addition, it has the characteristic that for ceviche it is cooked with thorns and with the head.
From the point of view nutritionalmackerel meat is rich in protein and omega 3; highly recommended to prevent diseases related to circulatory and cardiovascular system. They are also an important source of vitamins, such as A, D, E and the entire vitamin B complex.
It is a very complete fish to provide the essential minerals for all ages, and especially for children, the elderly and pregnant women; in this sense it is a fish rich in potassium, iron and sodium.
Mackerel Ceviche Recipe
As we already discussed, the way of preparing the mackerel ceviche It is very similar to traditional ceviche, but with some additional ingredients. Here is some general information about this recipe:
Rations: 4 people
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total: 50 minutes
- 2 fresh or salty mackerel
- 14 fresh lemons
- 2 whole corn
- 1 medium onion
- 2 red chili peppers
- 1 pinch of ajinomoto
- 1 sprig of coriander
- 3 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Wash the mackerels in cold water
- 2. Fillet the mackerels and then cut them into medium cubes. They can also be cut without removing the bones and thus prepare them for Piuran style.
- 3. In a pot with water and salt, place the corn and cook until soft. Then shell them and reserve in a bowl.
- 4. Peel the onions and cut them into julienne strips. Soak them in cold salted water.
- 5. In a bowl, squeeze the lemons and set aside.
- 6. Cut and remove the seeds and veins from the limo peppers, in case you don't want them spicy. Otherwise, chop it with everything and seeds.
- 7. Place the mackerel in a glass container and add the chili, finely chopped garlic, salt and pepper. Mix the preparation very well until the fish absorbs all the flavors.
- 8. Add the lemon juice to the glass container and mix everything very well.
- 9. Add the onion and continue mixing.
- 10. Set aside and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- 11. After the 5 minutes have passed, we try to rectify the salt.
- 12. Add the coriander and a pinch of ajinomoto
- 13. We remove very well and that's it.